Teachers are now paid much better than the average American worker but often have no money for classroom basics like books and paper. But look at this:
- Number of teachers receiving money for projects in response to their requests: 214,005 (94% of all requests were funded)
- Students helped because their teachers cared enough to ask on the Internet: 13,373,814
- Classroom projects funded at public schools by this method: 527,188
- Schools represented: 60,181
- Generous givers like you who said yes: 1,592,989
- Dollars personally raised from you and me by teachers who asked in an email or on a posting: $291,709,184. Call it $292 million.
How did this happen? Donorschoose.org